PU-SEALANT (Polyurethanes Sealants)
We offer wide assortment of Polyurethane Sealants (PU-Sealants)
which is used as engineering material. Polyurethane is versatile in nature which means that they can be formulated into a very hard solid to a soft elastomer. Anabond polyurethane compounds have various unique properties like viscosity, curing time, pot life, hardness, strength and flexibility and cost effectiveness.
Polyurethanes (one part & two part systems) are highly versatile compounds, which find enormous use in engineering CASE (Coating, Adhesive, Sealant, Elastomer) applications. The versatility of polyurethane means that it can be formulated in to a soft elastomer to a hard solid. Mahavir Chemicals
polyurethane are offered in a wide range of viscosity, curing time, pot life, flexibility, hardness and strength.
- Ease of application: During application no mixing required / easy process.
- Odour: No Odour.
- Pot Life: No Pot life issues.
- UV Resistance: Good-Excellent with Hybrid range.
- Curing: Curing unaffected at wider temperature range.
- Elastic Recovery: Good
- Shrinkage: Negligible.
- Ageing: Consistency in formulation-Remains elastic throughout life.
- Joint Preparation: Good adhesion to un-primed surfaces.
- Tear Strength : Good
- Staining: No bleeding or staining in Hybrid Sealant range.
- One component, ready for immediate use, no mixing required.
- Excellent adhesion.
- High durability.
- High abrasion resistance and tear strength.
- Low modulus.
- Good weathering and water resistance.
- Fast cure rate.
- Certified for use in contact with potable water.
- Can be painted over with much water-, solvent- and rubber-based paints (preliminary test recommended).
TECHNICAL DATA (TYPICAL)
Colors: Black, White, Grey
Appearance: uniform paste
Density: 0.05 kg/litre
Tack free time: 45 ~75 minutes
Curing rate: 2~3mm/24hr
Elastic Recovery: 95%
Shore A hardness: 45~55
Tensile Strength: 2.0 MPa
Elongation at Break: 600%
Shearing Strength: 1.5MPa
Application Temperature: C
Service Temperature: -40°C ∼80 °C
As an elastic adhesive for:
- Assembling metal framed buildings.
- Cover plates and covings.
- Light-weight construction materials.
- Acoustic ceiling tiles.
- Wood, metal or plastic window and door frames.
Clean, sound, dry and free of oil, grease and surface contaminants such as form release agents, curing membranes and hydrophobic water repellents. Thoroughly remove all loose particles and dust.
Primers may be required to achieve optimal adhesion depending on the nature of substrates.
Minimum application temperature 5°C .For easier use store cartridges at temperatures between 10~20°C. Break inner seal at extrusion end of cartridge. Affix nozzle to cartridge, cut tip to suit joint size. Install into a caulking gun. Apply in spots or beads on prepared surface, tapping or pressing the part to be adhered against the substrate. The thickness of the bead depends on the surface texture (1mm~5mm). For sausages, a barrel gun is required, clip the end of the sausage and place in barrel gun. Using the trigger extrude the sealant, to stop depress using the catch plaste. When masking sides of joints for neatness, remove tape before the sealant cures, Always allow sufficient surface exposed to moisture.
- 310ml cartridge, 20 pcs/carton
- 600ml sausage, 20 pcs/carton
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Store in a cool and dry place (10~25°C recommended). Avoid damage to the package. When stored at the recommended conditions in original, unopened containers, this product has a shelf life of 9 months (cartridge), 6 months (sausage).